To use tokens in DApps, Main Tokens (MT) must be minted first on the Luniverse chain.
An MT can be traded and distributed between individuals on the Luniverse Main Chain or through a cryptocurrency exchange. In addition, a variety of Side Tokens whose exchange rate value is pegged to the Main Token can be minted and used on the Side Chain. Side Tokens can only be freely used on the corresponding Side Chain and cannot be distributed through a cryptocurrency exchange.
The steps to mint Main Tokens are as follows:
- In the [Console] screen, click the tab of the chain on which you wish to mint Main Tokens.
- Click the [Create Main Token] logo to go to the Plan Main Token page.
Enter the information required for creating an MT. First, enter a token name. A token name is an official name of the token that can only consist of 3 to 20 alphanumeric characters.
e.g., Ethereum, Bitcoin
Token symbol: This is an abbreviated name of the token. Only 2 to 5 uppercase letters and numbers are allowed.
e.g., ETH, BTC
Token symbol image: Set the symbol image for the token. The symbol image can be created with a simple combination of the color and token symbol or by separately uploading an image.
(1) Select one from the colors shown as examples to create a symbol image by combining the selected color and token symbol.
(2) Click [Image Upload] to upload the image you want to use. A token symbol image must be a png file with the size of 640x640.
A detailed description of the token can be added as an option.
After entering all the information, click [Next] to move to the next screen.
- Set whether or not additional minting is allowed (i.e., mintability) as follows:
(1) YES: Configure the token economy to allow additional minting of tokens several times even after the initial amount of the tokens has been minted. Select Yes to activate the Maximum Supply window and enter the maximum supply of the minted main tokens. (Note) The mintability settings and maximum supply cannot be changed once they are confirmed. Please be careful when entering the information.
(2) NO: Configure the token economy to disable additional minting of tokens by limiting the maximum supply to the initial supply. In this case, the initial supply equals the maximum supply. (Note) The mintability settings and maximum supply cannot be changed once they are confirmed. Please be careful when entering the information.
- Decimal: This indicates how decimal places of tokens are marked. The default value is 18, and you can enter a value from 0 to 18.
- Click [Create] to request creating an MT.
It may take about a minute to create an MT. Once an MT is created, the distribution rate is displayed after being calculated based on the initial supply to the maximum supply.
If additional minting is enabled in the step of minting an MT, tokens can be additionally minted within the remaining amount available for minting that is displayed on the MT Management screen.
= the maximum supply - the initial supply - the amount additionally minted - the amount that has been planned for minting additionally but not minted yet
- On the [Console] screen, click the MT you wish to mint additionally to go to the [Token Overview] page.
- Click [Supply] on the left menu to go to the Supply page of the MT.
- The mint history of the MT is displayed on the [Token Supply] screen.
- Click [Additional Mint] to go to the screen to mint additional tokens.
Depending on the type to additionally mint, there are two types of tokens to be additionally minted: linear mint for periodic minting of a set amount of tokens and arbitrary mint.
Arbitrary mint allows users to mint as many additional tokens as they want up to the remaining amount available for minting. Additional tokens can be minted within the remaining amount for available for mint (the maximum supply - the total minted amount so far).
- Select Arbitrary Mint for Mint Type in the [Additional Mint] screen.
- Additional Mint Supply: Enter the amount to mint additionally. The amount you enter here cannot exceed the amount indicated as Available (the remaining amount available for minting).
- Comment: Enter the purpose or reason for minting. The comment will be shown in Mint History on the [Home> Main Token> Supply] screen.
- When you click [Mint], a pop-up window for entering your private key to sign the transaction for additional minting appears. Enter the private key or upload the keystore file to proceed with signing the transaction. When the transaction has been signed successfully, the message "Do you want to mint a token?" appears in a pop-up window. Click [OK] to proceed with additional minting.
Linear mint specifies the interval and additional amount per period to automatically continue minting tokens until the current supply reaches the specified additional minting amount. A set amount of tokens will be minted periodically, which increases the total supply of tokens linearly.
- Select Linear for Mint Type in the [Additional Mint] screen.
- Additional minting amount: This is the total amount of additional tokens to be minted by using linear mint. The amount you enter here cannot exceed the amount indicated as Available (the remaining amount available for minting).
- Additional amount per period: This is the amount of tokens to be supplied per period in the total of the additional minting amount. The additional amount per period cannot exceed the additional minting amount.
- Interval period: This is an interval at which tokens are minted additionally. The interval can be set in days.
- Interval counts: This means the number of times the additional amount per period can be supplied up to the total of the additional mining amount. Interval counts are automatically calculated by dividing the additional mint supply by the additional amount per period.
Interval counts = the additional minting amount / the additional amount per period
- When you click [Mint], a pop-up window for entering your private key for minting appears. Enter the private key or upload the keystore file to proceed with signing the transaction. When the transaction has been signed successfully, the message "Do you want to mint a token?” appears in a pop-up window. Click [OK] to proceed with additional minting.
Updated about a year ago